This weekend didn't go so well. I was fighting something off most of Saturday and all of Sunday. My husband tells me that every time I go all guns blazing into a workout regimen I end up sick within a week or two. Well I think he is full of beans even if I did end up sick! Speaking of beans…I often find myself extremely hungry after workouts, and lacking in the energy department during workouts. I tried eating some dinner before going to Zumba one evening to see if it would help me focus better and it did. I have been experimenting with different things to try and find things that work for me and I stumbled on this.
After every half marathon, there is always chocolate milk at the finish line. I used to find this disgusting, but then I tried it one time. It was really good after a race. So, I became a milk after running distance addict. I usually eat the banana that they hand out or the oranges. I also was given a "KIND" bar one night after Zumba and fell in love with them. So what are your favorites after you exercise. Share them and maybe the recipe so we can all benefit!
My overall diet usually consists of eating what I want just in smaller portions. If you know me very well you know I am completely addicted to this… ANYBODY?
I told you dieting isn't my thing, but I will try to out exercise my bad habits until I decide to change my eating style. I almost always have at least one can if not two of this sugary sweet goodness every day. I even carry one in my car to consume after long races, and have been known to ask my sister to find me along the course during a half and bring me one! It took her a few more miles than my body was wanting to go without it but she did eventually catch me on the course. Don't believe me? My gym partner will totally vouch for me on this one! I will say I did try a new recipe tonight to take to my BUNCO group. I made a pasta salad (yep it was the not so good for you pasta kind). I replaced the mayo with plain greek yogurt added some pepper and Mrs. Dash for flavoring added some avocado and BAM healthier pasta creation by Leslie.


No comments:
Post a Comment