I bought a book and I am loving it! It is the Women's Health Big Book of 15 Minute Workouts. It has some really good variations of workouts in it that are super easy to do with nothing more than a Pilates ball, a couple of weights and good ol' you. They are quick and many could be done to a Tabata timer to really keep things moving and changed up. In the beginning of the book, there are a few interesting things that it talks about. My favorite and one I need to watch more is "We now spend a whopping 7 hours a month on Facebook, according to Nielsen." "Seven hours a month works out to 105 minutes each week." That is a lot of wasted time that could be put to better use. There was one other thing in the first 3 pages (there was actually a LOT more) that I sort of already knew but it just hit me. It stated that "A pound of muscle takes up 20 percent less space than a pound of fat." That is HUGE! How it was said really made me stop and think about how much a couple pounds of fat loss could remove from my body. We always have a goal weight but I think a body fat % goal would be the better goal to have. I know it would be for me because it never seems to matter what I do it is hard to lose pounds after a certain number on the scale. I found this scale on the internet and thought I would share it with you. Where do you fall?
Flashback. This race is a 10K race that will be coming up in June and I hope to have an updated picture that I can see a noticeable change for the healthy in. I am also hoping that I am able to improve my time from last year.


I completely understand "the blues" - happens far to often to me too. A buddy can help tremendously... so glad you have one!
ReplyDeleteGreat info on the fat/muscle space - thanks for sharing. I too get frustrated with the scale.