Saturday, October 26, 2013

A fun packed week

BUSY BUSY BUSY…that is what we have been up to all week!

We started the week in slow motion and ended it in fast forward.  Friday night my flag football team was invited to scrimmage before the local high school game and boy did we have a blast!  At half time, all the kids were recognized for a great season. Saturday morning we were up bright and early to head to our final game.  The weather was fantastic just long enough for our game to finish and then a rain shower was upon us.  Below is the team picture minus one of the players.  A big thanks to all of them and to the assistant coach Ray.  We had a fantastic last game and to brag just a bit…Gunnar made a fantastic catch!!!


Flag Football 2013


On a running note I have decided to start running again after moving and trying to adjust to our new adventure.  I have started slow and I have decided to just focus on running the entire time.  I am on my second actual run (IMPRESSIVE RIGHT?!)  I ran 5 miles last weekend and I did 5.5 today in 1 hour.  I couldn't resist going out and running with views like this.  It looks incredible cold but it was PERFECT day for a run.


This was taken about mile 1.5 and the stop ahead sign was something I kinda chuckled about because I knew I wasn't stopping this time!  Today the roads had very little vehicle traffic and it was one of those days when you just zone out and take it all in.  My goal with running again is to stay in shape and tone up.  Since I haven't ran I have noticed dramatic changes in my appearance and it is time to fix it!  This girl is on a mission to loose 10 pounds hopefully by the end of the year, but that may be pushing it for me.  Stay tuned for progress reports.  I hope to report falling numbers!!!


I read something this week that I thought was a good message for everyone to think about.  One of my good friends posted a picture of a sunset and with it she said someone once told her you "should never miss seeing a sunset if you can help it"  Here is your the sunset from where I am sitting for the day.





 photo signature1_zpsfaaad196.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment