Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Fun


SUMMER FUN
 
This is my first on my own blog post, so hang in there as I figure it all out.
 
Just going to share a few pictures of what I have been up to the past few months with my family.
 
Talk about a gorgeous sunset.  This picture was taken on July 4, 2013 from the local arena as we waited to watch the city fireworks.  The color was magnificent as the sunset behind one of the old feeders.  
 
  
I have always enjoyed a good fireworks show so after that amazing sunset I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures.  A hobby of mine is photography so you will find most of my blogs will be told through pictures and not words.  Here are a few of my favorite!








 
Forgive me because I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture below, but I had to share it.  Living in Western Kansas sometimes you often see the lack of vegetation as an eye sore, but we really do have an amazing view.  Sometimes you just have to look a little harder. This picture was taken off my front porch the other morning as the sun was rising.
 
 
 

 
Recently, we attended Horsethief Festival which was held at a nearby lake.  An amazing time was had, and this place was way too much fun for me and my camera.  So here is a preview of the world through my camera lens.
 
This was a piece of wood at the base of a tree that was located in the shallow water of the lake.
 
 Talk about LADYBUGS!!!

 

Not exactly sure what all these posts are for, but I liked them so I snapped a picture.


This is my oldest.  When the camera is pointed at him and we are in the pasture you are never sure what pose he will strike.
 
I told you!  I never know what pose he might strike next.  This picture was snapped in August of 2011.

We have been keeping busy this summer with other activities.  T-Ball for Gunnar was just one of the many this year.  It was so much fun to watch him grow and learn this year.  He put his heart into t-ball and would be so excited about his games.  The picture below is his "home run" of the year.  So proud to be his mom!


Down and ready playing first base.


Summer has also taken us to the Garden City Zoo.  My youngest is a huge BUG guy!  He can't get enough of them.  The photo below is one of my favorites.  He is trying to be so gentle with the bug he just caught, and for 2 years old sometimes that is hard to do.  This was taken as he picked up a bug off of the sidewalk walking through the zoo.



 
Then he realized Daddy and big brother were leaving him and hadn't looked at his bug.  He was trying so hard to not drop the bug and catch up!  His short little legs couldn't run any faster while holding his prize possession lady bug.

 
 

 photo signature1_zpsfaaad196.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Laura. Very unsure about this blog thing, and especially writing, so I am going to stick to blogs like this and do the picture thing. Getting the first true post under my belt was kind of exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yolanda. I am not sure why my comments won't always post back on here, and today when I checked my page I noticed my reply to you wasn't on here. I have another one in the works!!!

    ReplyDelete